Come and join our course administration team based in the pleasant surroundings of the Meads area of Eastbourne where you will work with staff and students to provide effective and professional administration for a group of courses. This role encompasses a full range of administration and support across the student lifecycle to ensure the delivery of high-quality user-focussed services and includes handling enquiries, providing information and advice on University-wide services, policies and procedures, and administrative support for course teams.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing an efficient and effective reception and enquiry service for students, staff, visitors and other external stakeholders, adhering to agreed customer service standards.
- Brokering smooth access for students to the relevant university services to support their needs.
- Providing a comprehensive range of administrative services to support the delivery of courses and other university processes, including the preparation, publication and distribution of course materials and effectively carrying out required academic and other university administrative procedures.
- Being responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of student, curriculum and assessment records using relevant university IT systems.
- Working collaboratively with university colleagues operating as one team to contribute to course developments and business improvements.
- Monitoring all students’ attendance and engagement with their studies in line with University policy and liaise with Student Support and Guidance Tutors to take appropriate action where engagement is below expectations.
- Organising and servicing course and school meetings, including booking rooms, preparing and circulating agendas, minuting meetings, and following up actions.
- Occasional travel to our School office on the Falmer campus.
This is a full-time permanent role, and we welcome applications from those wishing to job-share.
Interview date: 3rd November 2021
Further details: Job Description
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.