Are you interested in working for a world top 100 university?
We have an exciting opportunity in the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre for someone with a passion for automation who is looking to use their skills in manufacturing to make an impact on UK productivity. As a Controls Engineer, you will work as part of The Integrated Manufacturing Group (IMG), delivering projects looking at robotics, automation and digital transformation activities. Housed within AMRC’s state of the art Factory 2050, the team has grown organically over the last seven years and is expanding further to meet demand.
As a Controls Engineer, you will join the Factory 2050 team working in a multi-disciplinary environment to implement innovative automation solutions across a range of industrial sectors during projects of one to 24 months duration. Working with some of the largest names in Aerospace, Automotive and Construction, your work will encompass the implementation of industrial robots, PLCs, safety systems and field hardware for a large range of applications.
- Have a good degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent industrial experience).
- Be capable of specifying, installing and programming complex control architectures for a range of applications.
- Understand machine safety, industrial communication and electrical installation principles, and be able to interpret
- Have good organisational skills
- Need the ability to research, problem solve, design, and implement ideas in a hands-on environment.
This post is aimed at both recent graduates and applicants with relevant experience in a research or industrial environment.