An opportunity has arisen for a Conference & Events Manager to join the established Venues at Northumbria Team at Northumbria University. Managing a range of events and business development activity, the successful candidate will use their experience and expertise to provide a high quality, professional and positive customer-focused service.
The candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing a portfolio of event and business engagement activity with an organised and proactive approach to work.
- Play a key role in the growth and reputation of fast-paced team.
- Meet revenue targets by effectively marketing and selling within the local and national marketplace to maximise opportunities within the sector.
- Develop and manage digital and social media campaigns throughout the academic year.
- Manage the successful delivery of events, liaising with the relevant university departments, stakeholders and partners ensuring requirements are met.
- Value a working environment that; is customer focused, develops people, reflects organisational and brand values, strives for excellence, rewards performance and celebrates success and ensures open communication links with all functions.
The suitable candidate must be adaptable and flexible with the requirement to work potentially unsocial hours as required by the event and conference business delivery. They may also be required to work across wider Campus activity when necessary.
The Venues team play a key role in the success of the University’s strategy, and you will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the commercial success and reputation of the university. The role requires very good communication skills and experience, as well as a positive, ‘can-do’ outlook and approach to work and personal development.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Barry Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this vacancy please click ‘Apply Now’ andsubmit a Covering Letter and your CV and where relevant any documents specifically requested in the Role Description and Person Specification.
If you are successful in your application for this role, you will be employed by Northumbria University Services Limited. Further details can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/work-for-us/nu-services-limited/
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.