- Job Reference 41852
- SALARY & BENEFITS £21,167 This location attracts a London Weighting Allowance of £4000
- Contact Email Hayley.Ryan@DVSA.gov.uk
Are you highly organised with outstanding planning skills?
If so, we are looking for four dedicated Central Planning Administrators to join us, and we’d love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for the effective medium to long term allocation of resources to meet the vehicle testing needs of our customers. This includes scheduling vehicle testing staff to Authorised Testing Facilities (ATFs), processing applications, providing first-class customer support, responding to queries, and working with Operations to ensure that planned activities are achieved.
Reporting to the Central Planning Manager, your duties will include:
- Provide effective resource allocation of DVSA staff to testing facilities ensuring they can achieve full testing capability
- Use the resource allocation tool to minimise running costs to DVSA, taking in to account the need for rotation to meet HMRC guidelines and Vehicle Testing working principles
- Manage booking application forms from ATF and other customers
- Use feedback mechanisms to provide continuous improvement and maximise effectiveness of resource allocation activities
- Review profiles for ATF against staff profiles (PSV/HGV).
- Allocation of testing and non-testing activities specific to the Annual and Quarterly process
- Work with Operations to ensure the right resources / skills are available to meet future testing needs
We welcome applications from individuals with experience working in administrative roles in a busy, service delivery environment. This could include providing customer support and responding to queries via phone and email, completing daily administrative tasks, the planning and scheduling of appointments or resources. You are well organised and able to effectively manage your own workload to meet competing and changing priorities and deadlines.
You are confident working on your own initiative or collaboratively with colleagues and customers to ensure that planned activities are completed and that customer queries are resolved. You have strong attention to detail, take pride in delivering work accurately and to a high standard, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are also PC literate, with a working knowledge of Excel, and have experience of extracting and interpreting data.