As our Senior Relationship Manager, you will be responsible Winning, retaining and developing long-term Major Customer relationships with a portfolio of banking, insurance and specialist sector partners, which maximise the profitability and value of AA Business Services and ensure continued support for the strategic growth plans of AA Plc. This is a pivotal and high-profile role in the AA, controlling all elements of contract management including P&L accountability, KPI performance and overall service deliverables.
Key to this role will be the ability to, cross-sell AA products and services, work with internal teams to develop and deliver new initiatives (strategic and tactical) and achieve agreed business objectives and great customer outcomes.
What will I be doing?
- Deliver profitability on a portfolio of relationships within the F, I & P sector whilst seeking new business conversion and retention
- Personal involvement in the management and development of major and complex accounts, obtaining the customer’s respect and confidence at all levels
- Manage a virtual team across a wide and varied mix of AA functions and management levels to deliver contractual obligations.
- Achievement of financial and customer KPI’s for key relationships held
- Develop and manage new opportunities, products and systems to ensure growth
- Ensure all third parties relationships are clearly defined by appropriate legal agreement documentation by negotiation with internal and external legal representation, ensuring the business is not unnecessarily exposed to claims and/or regulatory intervention
- Manage the interface between Major Customers, AA staff and partners to ensure correct operational procedures and data processes are applied
- Develop strong internal business relationships, up to CEO.
- Hold weekly and monthly senior contact meeting (internal and external) to review performance in-depth and discuss areas of improvement and growth opportunities
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of proposals and tenders, for presentation to customers up to and including Board Level. This will involve developing unique solutions and presentation material.
- Develop, maintain and achieve a strong Account Plan, in-line with team expectations.
- Be high profile with Industry Associations and attend exhibitions and conferences keeping abreast of the motor, banking and insurance industry and personal change
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record in relationship management and sales development. Ideally with Banking and Insurance experience.
- Ability to develop strong, trusting internal and external relationships with senior stakeholders, up to CEO level.
- Charismatic and confident with excellent communication skills
- Ambitious with the desire to make a real contribution to the ongoing success of the team
- Strong organisational and time management competencies
- Tenacious, energetic and self-motivated with a determination to exceed targets and customer expectations
- Problem solver and solution provider, innovative thinker with an eye for detail and an ability to work under pressure to deliver complex projects on time and in budget
- Commercial acumen, legal aptitude and a good understanding of FCA regulations
- Experience in SalesForce, Microsoft products
- Comprehensive industry knowledge (regulatory, technical and competitor)
- This is a field-based role, travelling to customers premises and AA offices across the UK
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.