- Are you an experienced business analyst looking for your next challenge?
- Would you thrive in an open and collaborative environment?
If so, this job could be for you
Business analysts understand and analyse user and business needs.
- make sure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models and delivering to the business architecture
- work with solution architects and developers to provide analysis of system capabilities, developing use cases and ensuring that solutions meet business needs
- challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose
- facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
As a Business Analyst at HEO grade you will:
- Work on small to medium sized pieces of work.
- Manage stakeholder relationships, can work independently and have a good understanding of their own work area.
- They advance the BA community through sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
As a Senior Business Analyst at SEO grade you will:
- Have a good understanding of strategic arenas, work on larger and more complex pieces of work.
- Have functional and, or people management responsibilities as well as mentor others.
- Develop best practice, own stakeholder relationships and manage communities of practice activities (internally and across government).
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead and manage investigations into business processes, information systems, functions, information flows, data structures and software development processes, using various technical, methodical and consistent techniques.
- Define improvements to business processes.
- Lead in providing solutions to real business problems through influence, facilitation and communication and ensuring the end to end process is considered.
- Shape and challenge business priorities and ways of working through collaboration with business and technology teams.
- Elicit functional and non-functional requirements using appropriate techniques, taking into account the nature of change and established practices.
- Deliver at pace using agile methodologies and principles.
- Develop suitable analysis models using appropriate modelling techniques, considering traceability, adherence to business objectives and fitness for purpose.
- Assist decision makers in gathering information to make informed decisions.
- Promote a culture of assurance and security.
- Actively participate in the Business Analysis community and broader communities to refine and develop standards, working practices and sharing of knowledge and understanding.
- Expert at communicating effectively with both non-technical and technical staff to precisely define requirements.
- Practitioner in Agile Working – Is aware of and understands agile methodology and how to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use.
- The ability to investigate, analyse, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts and make disciplined decisions based on available information.
- Competent in requirements capture, management and elicitation using a wide range of techniques, such as workshops, shadowing, use cases, user stories, product backlogs, etc.
- Identifies and manages relationships with and between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to represent situations through the use of business modelling using a wide range of techniques to aid the communication and understanding of different scenarios.
- Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement to allow the organisation to perform more effectively.
Qualifications and/or Previous Experience:
You must be either be:
ISEB accredited in one or more of the following modules:
- Business analysis essentials
- Requirements engineering
- Modelling business processes
- Systems Modelling Techniques using UML
- Systems Development essentials
- Foundation certificate in IT-enabled business change (at least 1 module)
- Have experience of business or systems analysis working in an agile, project-based environment, including identification of business benefits, deconstructing user needs, business process modelling, requirements capture and prioritisation, and be willing to undertake ISEB accreditation.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy:
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service in addition to public holidays;
- Good work-life balance – working options include flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm;
- Strong ethos of equality and diversity;
- Up to 3 days paid leave per year for voluntary opportunities;
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks of statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and statutory paternity leave of 2 weeks plus an additional week of departmental paternity leave all at full pay;
- Highly competitive contributory Civil Service Pension;
- Career development and progression – Career pathway options such as apprenticeships and recognised qualifications for a variety of professions are available;
- Free onsite car parking in Newport and Fareham;
- Cycle to work scheme