The AA started in 1905 as a small group of motoring enthusiasts who came together to warn other drivers about speed traps. We have since then grown to include over 15 million customers and we offer a wide range of insurance products such as Car, Home and Travel insurance.
Within our current AA Cars and FS business unit we are transforming our digital and analytical capability, and this is a chance to be a part of the action, helping drive the solutions that will allow the vision and goals of the unit to be achieved.
Stacie Maxey – Head of Customer Analytics and Insight for The AA Personal Finance says:
The role involves working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure data can be used effectively to drive commercial performance and improve business processes. You’re an extremely detail-oriented person who has a track record of success in a data rich environment. You are great at capturing requirements and documenting user stories to ensure projects achieve their aims. You’re curious about how the business uses data to understand customer behaviours and want to learn more about how tools and techniques can support a data driven business.
The business analyst sits as part of the FS customer analytics team and is responsible for managing a variety of projects, including support for new products and helping to shape our single customer view environment. We have many technical tools in our toolkit, including SAS, Azure cloud data bricks, sql, Power BI, and Looker. We’re lucky enough to work with some fantastic partners and have the support of our group IT team, so this is a great opportunity for someone looking to make an immediate impact and develop their career.
This is the job
You will be a play a key part in Working effectively to identify and deliver project incentives and ensure ongoing continuous improvement across the departments activities. Also, you will be delivery focused; comfortable taking on multiple projects and change requests that span multiple applications and technologies.
On top of that you will support the team throughout various stages of the delivery lifecycle to ensure that the transformation delivers to business and customer needs.
What will I be doing?
As our Business Analyst, you will:
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with various levels of the business and IT, ensuring that strategic needs are being met and incremental benefits realized
- Produce high quality business cases, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, functional and non-functional specifications
- Take full ownership of the product backlog of key systems
- Be the focal point for questions related to systems usage
- Support the system test teams, helping with understanding of the change and reviewing test cases to ensure full coverage of continuous delivery and continuous improvement
- Understanding how data flows through the relevant interfaces and an analysis of the existing and future data requirements for analysis, recovery and security
- You’ll Build strong productive relationships with the business, IT teams and external third parties to deliver effective solutions
What do I need?
You will have a mind-set to learn about digital platforms, analytics solutions and tools and financial services, with an appetite to make processes better, whether that be quicker, clearer, simpler or more robust.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- Commercially and customer minded – able to analyse and interpret information to develop clear requirements that deliver customer and outcome focused solutions
- Has prior experience working in a matrix team across multiple internal and external teams including third party suppliers and be comfortable engaging actively across the enterprise with a
- wide range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders. This means your ability to change style and approach is essential
- Experienced in Agile and DevOps best practices
- Has experience of working with data management, reporting and warehousing (and tools such as Tableau, Looker or Power BI)
- Possess a good understanding of data warehouse architecture/data cubes and ETL processes
- Ideally have advanced process modelling skills (Visio and Lucid Chart)
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
Discounted home and motor insurance
Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.