- Job Reference 4060
- Salary Range £40,000+
- SALARY & BENEFITS £39,543 - £44,936
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Level Management
- INDUSTRY SECTOR Charity & voluntary work
Do you have a proven track record in project management with a qualification in an engineering or construction discipline?
Do you have a good working knowledge of the CDM regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management?
If so, we have an excellent opportunity for a building surveyor to manage the delivery of a wide range of building refurbishment works at the UK Atomic Energy Authority. The Property Unit comprises a team of over 30 staff who collectively manage the Culham Science Centre estate, its buildings, services, commercial property and construction portfolio. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background in construction or facilities maintenance to help us deliver a wide range of small to large building refurbishment and development projects.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Delivering of a portfolio of building refurbishment and small construction project(s) ranging in value from approximately £20k to £1m.
- Being the principal technical contact to formulate, analyse and evaluate scopes of works for building refurbishment projects, develop the tender packages and undertake tender exercises.
- Ensuring that all relevant statutory and environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that the Culham site`s working procedures and other statutory regulations are observed whilst the above works are undertaken.
- Management of the contractor(s) appointed to undertake the work(s).
- Managing the internal and external stakeholders for individual projects.
At UKAEA, we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline. Mechanical and Electrical experience would be desirable.
- Proven track record in project management including project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
- Safety management: a good working knowledge of the CDM regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
- Chartered status of an appropriate professional body
- Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software as well as CAD capability and BIM awareness.
- Experience of working within current construction legislation and its application.
Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note, UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.