As our Bid Manager, you will manage the bids process end-to-end including writing and collation of bid responses and presentations on behalf of B2B sales teams. You will also manage the bids budget to deliver bid response and supporting documentation which is on-brand and also meets the customer’s requirements.
What will I be doing?
- The timely management, coordination, writing and submission of compliant and high-quality bids and proposals in new and existing markets to retain/win business.
- Responsible for the forward-planning of major bids in all markets in conjunction with sales teams and business managers to ensure all areas of the business have sight of the pipeline and are involved in their planning
- Ensure all RFP submissions undergo full governance
- All customer-facing response materials to be on brand/reflecting the customer’s brand as applicable and to be of a high standard
- Work with Marketing, external agencies, AA Brand team and Sales Enablement functions to deliver an interactive portal solution of high-quality content which is generic but tailorable to customers.
- Support the on-going delivery of high-quality, cost-effective sales collateral in support of Business Services’ strategic objectives
- Work with Finance to manage and report on annual Bids Budget to cover suitable response materials, subscriptions, presentation support etc, ensuring cost-effective use of funds and accruals
- Provide regular reporting on success/failure of bids/proposals to senior management team
- Adopt a ‘best practice’ approach to the ongoing development of bids/proposal methodology, using market insight to proactively seek out ways to improve the effectiveness and success of AA bids
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience of formal bid writing within a B2B environment
- Widespread experience of successful project/working-team management
- Extensive experience of a range of tendering process from highly formalised to those with minimal guidance and be able to react effectively to all in a manner that maximises the chances of winning
- Appreciation of the latest legal/regulatory and compliance requirements and experience working within strict corporate governance frameworks
- Exposure to sales management and relationship building techniques and practices
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on budgetary spend
- Wide experience of briefing and managing external marketing services agencies
- Can demonstrate a long-term track record of working closely with cross-function teams to deliver successful new initiatives
- Experience of and confidence in presenting complex business propositions to senior management level, ideally within the motor industry
- Experience writing comprehensive, concise and persuasive reports
- Ability to deliver and insist upon high standards of written work
Education and Qualifications:
- Formal bid writing qualification
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to achieve desired results
- Strong customer and commercial focus
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Analytical approach, able to develop and evaluate options and solutions
- Generates own ideas and develops those of others, able to think “outside the box”
- Able to balance long and short-term objectives
- Able to plan ahead effectively, time-manage and prioritise and show adherence to those priorities
- Able to represent complex operational and technical capabilities in a readily understandable format
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.