Are you someone who is looking to develop in their career and would like the opportunity to be involved with the assurance of projects/programmes?
We’re looking for a driven, motivated and creative individual to join our team within the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). You will join a diverse team who thrives on providing an excellent service, personal development and the wellbeing of others.
In Assurance & Business Review our purpose is to share insights from assurance so that accountable persons in DVSA can make informed choices. Our core values are Independence, Collaboration and Honesty which are reflected in our work and behaviours.
As an Assurance Business partner, you will engage confidently with Senior Leaders in DVSA, championing the assurance principles and values underpinning the Assurance Strategy, encouraging an objective, positive, transparent assurance culture across the organisation.
One of the main purposes of this role is to build and maintain effective working relationships to provide independent assurance support to DVSA Portfolio Projects and Programmes. The role holder will advise Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme and Project Teams on quality assurance and quality control activities within project lifecycles, using insight from governance, risk and project controls. The role holder will also support internal project assurance reviews to help get projects back on track, and they will work collaboratively to make recommendations for business improvements.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Acting as the single point of contact and providing best practice advice for programmes, associated projects and related business areas.
- Providing a continuous assurance approach to support Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), programme and project teams with quality assurance and quality control activities within project lifecycles using insight from governance risk, and controls; representing Portfolio Assurance Team at Programme/Project Boards as required.
- Providing a quality assurance service on key project management products such as Business Cases to ensure compliance with Programme and Project Management Framework (PPMF) requirements and support successful change delivery. Advising on the use of PPMF templates and processes effectively to set up Programmes and Projects for successful change delivery. Monitoring the integrity and robustness of project controls against the Agency’s PPMF.
- Promoting the DVSA Lessons Learned database, ensuring it is updated regularly and that lessons meet the required standards. Providing quarterly analysis reports and identifying key themes.
- Checking compliance of risk management processes and risk escalation in line with the required standards; use insight from risks to enable informed decision making in the business management.
- Providing training to stakeholders through workshops and training events on the use and application of the PPMF, including the design and delivery of presentations and training materials.
- Conducting Health-checks and Assurance Reviews on Programmes and Projects to ensure they are on track against time, cost and quality.
For a more detailed description of the role and its responsibilities, please see the attached candidate pack.
We are seeking an individual who has superb interpersonal skills and has experience of providing sound and authoritative advice and support to others.
You have a proven track record of the implementation and management of processes including standards, templates and documentation in a timely manner.
You can use your experience to set standards and processes to enable and monitor quality, whilst ensuring your work is to a high standard. You also have an awareness and understanding of project/programme delivery.
There may be some occasional travel involved with this role to attend meetings with the wider team, this could occur 3-4 times a year and may include overnight stays.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Visit the Civil Service Commission website Here