We’re Norton Rose Fulbright – a global law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide.
Our London office is currently recruiting for an Associate, Employment. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we’re looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we’re building a culture where difference is valued.
An opportunity has arisen in the London Corporate department for a mid-level associate with experience of private M&A, private equity and joint ventures and an interest in the Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT), Financial Institutions and FinTech sectors. Although not essential, equity capital markets experience would also be useful.
Employment at Norton Rose
Our employment law team has experience in all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters. Every lawyer has a broad spectrum of work, can undertake employment tribunal advocacy when required, and has had regular exposure to client issues ranging from sensitive severance issues and boardroom disputes through to issues of corporate governance and more standard disciplinary and grievance issues.
Duties to include:
– Advising on employment law aspects of all corporate finance transactions including Transfer of Undertakings Redundancies and dismissals
– Drafting service agreements, contracts of employment and staff handbooks
– Reviewing and drafting employment policies ranging from performance, sickness and misconduct procedures to maternity and parental leave schemes
– Advising on boardroom disputes and severance claims
– Participating in employment litigation in the high court, county court and employment tribunal
– Advising on international employment issues including dual contracts
– Liaising with clients on collective issues such as trade union recognition and industrial action
– Reviewing executive remuneration and corporate governance
– Demonstrating a knowledge of discrimination (including sex, race and disability) law
– Practising general employment issues ranging from maternity rights to general contractual issues.
Clients and experience
We have a diverse client base reflecting our appeal to a wide audience of in-house lawyers and HR managers, including senior executives, charities, world-wide financial institutions and large corporates.
– Develops and applies technical knowledge and professional skills
– Focuses on efficiency
– Develops our business/clients (maintains client relationships and delivers excellent service)
– Works effectively with and through people
– Promotes and demonstrates ‘good citizenship’ (values and strategic priorities)
As well as relevant work experience, the successful candidate will have excellent technical legal and business development skills, be passionate about the sectors covered by the team, and be willing to work hard and get stuck into some cutting-edge global projects.
Based right next to Tower Bridge (and within striking distance of London Bridge and The City) our office is accessible and home to 1,000 employees. Our clients come first and whilst we expect the best from all our employees, in return we offer an exceptionally competitive pension, private healthcare, plus a range of flexible benefits.
At Norton Rose Fulbright encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at here
Norton Rose Fulbright is an equal opportunities employer. We want our application process to be open to everyone, so if you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process – even if you’re not sure what adjustments you might need – please contact our Recruitment team on EMEARecruitment@nortonrosefulbright.com
Attachment Uploaded by Firm User