We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a HR Administrator Apprentice to join the HR Shared Services Team providing administrative support for our employees during the lifecycle of their employment at the AA. We are looking for someone who is computer literate with excellent organisational and communication skills. Someone who is a self-starter and interested in forging a career in HR.
You will be joining an established team that undertake multiple tasks within the HR function. This is a hard-working team who have a breadth of knowledge and perform a range of activity to support our employees. You will be flexible and willing to learn.
This role will have a focus on the administration of the employee lifecycle whether it be joiners, movers or leavers within the AA. This role plays an important part in supporting both the business and employee needs. It will require timely responses to queries and a willingness to learn and understand the processes.
What will I be doing?
- Working as part of the team to deliver a consistently high level of accuracy and customer service.
- Administration support on the HR inbox, coordinating and responding to all queries from managers, employees and candidates. Adding MyHR system workflows to the People Doc ticketing system for processing.
- General administration support to the HR department as required including electronic filing, answering telephone calls and monitoring own emails.
- Responding to third party reference requests in a timely manner.
- Administration of the ordering and distribution of eye care vouchers in line with the AA policy and procedure.
- Manage the HR car renewal procedure ensuring engagement with the HR Business Partner’s when required.
- Continue to support the implementation of HR systems and databases; to enter and maintain data.
- To prepare all documentation for any changes to employee terms and conditions and act as point of contact for all return queries.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work independently within a large team
- Good written and communication skills
- Good organisational skills – able to plan and manage time
- The ability to plan and manage workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to accept and understand instructions
- A working knowledge of the MS Office package including: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
Education and Qualifications:
- Good general education with minimum GCSE C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude, able to work independently
- Team player
- Good communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.