COULD YOU BE THE ARMY’S NEXT AMMUNITION AND EXPLOSIVES EXPERT?
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SAFE USE, STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF DANGEROUS AMMUNITION AND EXPLOSIVES. WE USE OUR EXPERT KNOWLEDGE TO PROTECT OTHERS IN THE FIELD OF COUNTER-TERRORIST BOMB DISPOSAL.
Ammunition Technicians are highly sought after by the commercial energetics industry and by organisations running training in explosives and bomb disposal.
- Be the Army’s expert in explosives engineering by completing the world’s leading ammunition training programme.
- Work alongside every aspect of the military – including Airborne and Commando Forces.
- You could be deployed worldwide– wherever the British Army has a presence.
- Earn your Category B and C+E Driving Licences, plus specialist vehicle driving and bomb disposal qualifications.
- Complete a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Ordnance Munitions and Explosives and join the Institute of Explosives Engineers.
Age: 16 years 6 months – 35 years 6 months
Qualifications: 5 GCSEs Grades A-C/9-4 which must include Maths, English Language and either Physics, Science, or Integrated Science.
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m 30s for Junior Entry)