We are incredibly proud to be the UK’s number one motoring organisation and work hard to ensure all our customers have a great experience, which is why our Newcastle office is our centre of excellence for motor and home insurance.
Our ability to continuously deliver high class customer service means hundreds of thousands of customers elect to stay with us year on year. With this in mind, and as we continue to raise the bar we are looking to recruit a dynamic Academy Manager to create and implement a best in class Academy, that will deliver and support a first class ‘route to competence’ journey for everyone within the academy.
This is the job
You will work collaboratively with several key stakeholders to ensure that both new and existing employees achieve competency, implementing appropriate interventions and initiatives to support the operational teams in the achievement of quality standards and regulatory compliance.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, planning and organisation of operational and customer service coaching for both new and existing contact centre staff to reach maximum levels of quality, accuracy and output.
- Working alongside the L&D team, you will ensure that both the content and delivery of the induction training is best in class and provides the necessary foundation for the “route to competency” journey.
- You will work in collaboration with stakeholders, such as Operational Leads, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Performance & Capability, Quality and Resource Planning to support the delivery of key operational metrics.
- Effectively lead, coach and develop a team of Team Leaders and Academy Coaches/Buddies who will deliver coaching and design coaching plans for both new and existing staff and implement successful coaching solutions.
- Working with Learning & Development to identify the coaching and development needs from quality results and training needs analysis.
- Identify coaching requirements and / or risks and support improvement, with a view to maintaining consistently positive outcomes.
- Promote continuous improvement, through providing support, direction, challenge and inspiration, whilst supporting staff as necessary to improve performance.
- Create and distribute appropriate MI to key stakeholders, including monthly coaching and development reports, time to competence statistics, quality metrics etc. As well as utilising MI to identify and highlight trend and training and coaching needs.
What do I need?
It’s essential that you have:
- A working understanding of an operational contact centre.
- A good understanding of coaching processes and models with a passion for utilising the core coaching principles.
- Insurance experience/ experience of working in a regulatory environment (Desirable)
- Excellent people management skills, ideally attained in a contact centre environment
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills – ability to adapt communication styles to influence others
- Stakeholder management, ability to build strong networks & influence upwards
- Good analytical skills and use Management Information (MI)
- Good commercial acumen
- Able to inspire & develop team managers to reach performance goals & career aspirations
- Creativity – solution mindset & able to suggest new/innovative solutions
- Proactively demonstrate a solution focused approach to your work.
What’s in it for me?
- Annual Car Allowance
- Up to 20% discretionary bonus
- Private healthcare
- 33 days holiday per year
Good conduct matters at the AA. It’s very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.