We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the MFSS Accounts & Purchasing Team, which provides transactional services to 4 police forces. You will be assigned to one of the following teams initially but will be expected to work across all areas of Accounts & Purchasing to develop your knowledge and experience and to meet the needs of the business:
Accounts Payable & Receivable:
- Processing Supplier invoices, matching to purchase orders and resolving any holds
- Resolving supplier queries
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Creating and sending sales invoices to customers
Payments & Income:
- Analysing & posting income received into the bank
- Resolution of queries
- Debt recovery
- Processing payments to suppliers
- Converting Requisitions to Purchase Orders
- Sourcing goods & services
- Travel bookings
- Catalogue maintenance
- Resolution of queries
Please click here for the full role profile.
Please can you attach a 2000 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Candidates will be qualified to level 2 and will be able to demonstrate speed and accuracy in the processing of transactions. Previous experience of managing high volume transactions in one or more of the above areas in a large organisation or shared service centre is desirable. Applications will be considered on a full time or part time basis
We anticipate a lot of interest in this opportunity and as such we may close the advert at any time if we receive the desired number of applications
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Cheshire Constabulary is fully supportive of equality and diversity and strives to employ a workforce which is representative of the community it serves. Applicants are welcomed from all underrepresented groups and support will be made available throughout the recruitment process for all applicants. Under-represented groups include:
- Those from a Black or Minority Ethnic (BME) background, including non-visible ethnic minorities such as Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Gypsy/Traveller’s
- Individuals from the LGBT+ community
- People with disabilities
- All other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010.
If you have any queries in relation to equality and diversity, or have a request for any additional support you may need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The force operates a no smoking policy