About HM Land Registry
We register the ownership of land and property in England and Wales.
Land Registry safeguards land and property ownership worth more than £4 trillion, including more than £1 trillion of mortgages. The Land Register contains more than 24 million titles, which show evidence of ownership, covering more than 83% of the land mass.
We currently employ about 4,500 people, from technical caseworkers to IT specialists , commercially focused experts , policy advisers and specialists working across a range of support functions.
Land Registry recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and treats all employees with dignity and respect. We aim to provide equal opportunities in employment and advancement for everyone.
Our recruitment is based on the Civil Service recruitment principles , which means that selection for positions is based on merit and on the basis of fair and open competition. Candidates are assessed against:
- 1. essential criteria specific to each role
- 2. our competency framework
- 3. our values and leadership behaviours (where relevant)
We are committed to treating our people well, and as part of the Civil Service we offer a range of benefits.
Pay and benefitsWe offer:
- 1. a competitive salary
- 2.a civil service pension. Further details can be found on the Civil Service pensions website
- 3. a childcare subsidy of up to 25% towards the cost of childcare on contracted days of employment
- 4. 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering in the community
- 5.employee recognition scheme
- 6. long service awards
- 7. access to an employee support service that offers advice , guidance , information , counselling and support on a wide range of issues
- 8. access to discounted healthcare packages
- 9. Microsoft Home Use Programme for Microsoft Office Products (potential saving of over £300)
- 1. 28.5 days annual leave and 8 days public holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- 2. many roles offer flexible working hours which provide the opportunity to build up flexi credit. This credit can then be used to take up to 24 days per year of flexi leave
- 3. a range of family-friendly policies, such as part-time working, job sharing, parental leave and career breaks , to help combine work and domestic responsibilities, subject to business needs
- 4. maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- 5. paternity leave allowance of 2 weeks plus 4 days paid leave
- 6. paid time off for public service duties, for example, if you are an armed forces reservist
Career developmentWe offer:
- - rewarding and challenging jobs to help staff develop and reach their potential
- - career progression, training and development opportunities
- - access to Civil Service Learning, which offers over 70 classroom-based courses and online packages
Every office has a social and sports club. We hold annual events such as a national sports day and a charity challenge. We have teams in sports such as netball, football, cricket and hockey which compete in national Civil Service competitions.
TransportFor those employees who cycle to work, we offer an interest-free bike loan for the purchase of a bicycle and necessary safety equipment.
We also offer staff interest-free loans for the purchase of a quarterly or longer season ticket. Repayments are made via salary over the length of the ticket period.