About Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
We carry out driving tests, approve people to be driving instructors and MOT testers, carry out tests to make sure lorries and buses are safe to drive, carry out roadside checks on drivers and vehicles, and monitor vehicle recalls.
Working for DVSA
We employ people across Great Britain as driving vehicle, and traffic examiners, vehicle standards assessors, as well as in a variety of support roles.
Types of jobs we haveWe employ around 4600 people in various roles, including:
- • driving examiners, who make sure new drivers have the skills to be safe on the road
- • vehicle standards assessors , who test that lorries, buses, coaches and trailers are safe and legal to drive
- • traffic examiners, who stop and check that drivers of large vehicles meet safety rule
- • vehicle examiners, who stop vehicles at the roadside and check they’re safe to drive
- • digital, data and technology professionals, who provide modern and efficient technology and build brilliant digital services
- • corporate services experts, who make sure our services run smoothly, including communications, finance , HR and policy and strategy
Equality and DiversityAt DVSA you can bring your whole self to work. We value equality and diversity in our workforce and we’re committed to the Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. We aim to be an organisation where fairness and equal opportunity is central to our culture.
Our people are our main asset. Their commitment, enthusiasm and professionalism are critical to our success in helping everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
To support DVSA in becoming a more inclusive employer, we have 5 staff network groups run by employee representatives who understand issues faced by staff with certain characteristics.
We aim to:
- • provide a workplace where our people are engaged in their work
- • be an inclusive , supportive employer with a workforce that reflects the communities we serve
- • be a forward thinking organisation that welcomes innovative ideas and empowers staff to make the right decisions
- • be a place where people are actively encouraged and supported in their learning
- • be a digitally enabled and data driven organisation whose people embrace change and continuous improvement